Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blog Picks : Beet Hummus



Beets are one of those super healthy foods your conscience nags you to eat every once in a while. But I don't like beets as it is. Which is why when DK made an exciting version of hummus with beet as part of the recipe marathon in May, I bookmarked it instantly.

If only I get back to my bookmarked recipes in time. But even five months later, beet hummus was a delight. The only change I made to DK's recipe was using sesame seeds instead of tahini. And it only takes 5 minutes to make as long as you remember to soak chickpeas and have them boiled and ready.

Visibly more colorful, and also more delicious than the regular hummus. I am an instant fan.

5 comments:

Bharti said...

I tried this out and it was so exciting to have pink hummus! Th color of yours is so bright..beautiful.

Sujatha said...

Stumbled upon your blog from someone else's blog just today.. I love your beet hummus.. nice and colorful!

Sagari said...

beet hummus ,yummmmmm and colorfullll

Usha said...

Beet in hummus...sounds pretty good:)

Curry Leaf said...

Delicious,You know,my sundried hummus still looked same -this is colourful.