Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Guacamole!

I was at first a reluctant convert to avocados. The nutty flavor is very different from anything else I'd tasted and it took some getting used to. Then I fell in love with guacamole.

There are as many ways of making guacamole as the number of people who make it. I myself make a mildly spicy dip. But today, I have a salad like version with slightly underripe avocados.



Chop one avocado, one small onion, one firm tomato and a few slices of jalepenos into small cubes. Finely chop a few sprigs of coriander (I didn't because I didn't have any). Add as much salt and cayenne pepper as you like and juice of one lemon. Mix. Eat.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I prefer avocados in this state rather than the mashed state..

Sagari said...

looks yummyyyyyyyy

ANJALI J. said...

I have heard abt this dish from my husband, but i had no idea what it looks like :) i saw it today..

Bharti said...

MM...love guacamole. This chunky version does look more like a salad...yum.

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hi...
Ur guacamole look so chunky and Yummy...

Sunshinemom said...

I haven't tasted avocado as yet but the frequency of guacamole on blogs is driving me crazy - I have to find some!

Simran said...

Anjali - guacomole usually doesn't look like this. The avocado is usually mashed; mine is very chunky.

Sunshinemom - I've spent some time finding good places to buy avocados (they aren't all good). Will drop you a line on where to find some

Curry Leaf said...

I do not like avocado in mashed state.Thanks for this recipe

Siri said...

I have just got some avocados in my fridge and I like the unique taste of guacamole..:) love the salad Simra..:)