Friday, November 28, 2008

The show must go on

I haven't had any access to internet and emails for the past three days, but I know some of you have been concerned about my safety. So just wanted to quickly stop here and tell you I am fine.

Fine, but scared at the extent of terror in my city. Shocked at the death toll. Sad that the "palace" that symbolized Bombay to me and countless others for the past hundred years is damaged.

Mumbai has responded in the only way it can. The markets are open. People are back in offices. We refuse to acknowledge terror. The show, as they say, goes on...

5 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

Same feeling here! We have never succumbed, so why should we stop living now? The show must go on....

Curry Leaf said...

Tes,Lets show these evil people we are not broken.We are tough and will never succumb.
HAPPY TO KNOW YOU AND FAMILY ARE SAFE.TAKE CARE ,TAKE CARE & TAKE CARE

Bharti said...

You guys are a tough lot. Still that's no reason to take anyone for granted. I hope to see a lot of politicians being questioned and a much more secure country coming out of this horrendous ordeal. Take care Simran.

Aparna said...

Its heartening to see the situation is finally under control, but so sad that this happened. I don't understand what terrorists get by killing innocents!
The show must go on, but as a country, we and the government need to do something to see such incidents are a rare phenomenon.

Marie-Rose said...

Hi Simran.. Harini of Sunshinemom introduced me to your blogsite. All that yummy food. however, couldn't figure out how to subscribe to your blog. Maybe I am missing something. My blogsite is flavours-and-aromas.blogspot.com