Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's arrived!



It's good that flipkart sends you a mail the day they ship the books you have ordered. Or I might have fainted, or something. As it is, my heart skipped a few beats as I opened the brown packaging and came face to face with this most beautiful of cookbooks.

Or rather, it's so not a cookbook. It's a chronicle of Alinea, the restaurant and the dining experience it's vastly talented yet whimsical chef Grant Achatz has created. I don't think I will have the courage to cook a single recipe in this book even if I can find the ingredients (right now I cant!). But at least in the meantime, or at least until I get to Chicago and eat at Alinea, I can gawk at this beautiful work of art.

4 comments:

Srivalli said...

Thats great...looking fwd to see what you are going to do with those books..maybe you can click more visible pictures of those?

Curry Leaf said...

wow,its great news.I am thinking of ordering atleast wishing I could.Do share the great recipes,You can cook it with the respective ingredients /replacements.

notyet100 said...

wow,...enjoy the books..

Lebouffe said...

Wow.. looks awesome! Enjoy (Naina)