Friday, October 23, 2009

Warm Potato and Bean Salad


I think the biggest reason I love taste & create is because it's almost like a treasure hunt. Every month, when Nicole pairs me with another partner website, I end up going places I would have never been to on my own. This month, my partner is hungrywoolf who in her own words is a British transplant living in Columbus Ohio.

Her blog's a roller coaster ride of the food events and restaurant visits in Columbus (don't miss her taco truck nights). Then there are her visits to farmer's markets that I loved reading about. All peppered with some great recipes. Hungrywoolf had plenty of fall options for me to pick from, but Bombay still feels like summer. Which is why it's a salad I picked from my partner blog.

Boiled baby potatoes and steamed beans tossed with basil, onions, capers and a tangy dressing that's got all my favorite elements (lemon juice, mustard, garlic), this salad made a great dinner last night.

6 comments:

prasu said...

simply and nice post dear..........

aquadaze said...

sometimes I wonder what I like better - the easy -breezy recipes you post or the way in which you write them :)

Curry Leaf said...

I agree with aquadaze,sometimes you make a recipe look so simple and easy that I wonder how come i writing 2 or 3 paras about anything/everything.
Love the potato salad,never tried the combo of potato and beans with capers,amazing!

hungrywoolf said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it :-)
The quinoa salad that was on the same blog post is really good if you are able to buy quinoa.
I just finished writing up my pakora experiment. They were delicious. Thanks for the inspiration.

bindiya said...

Got no words to say-except looks simply mouthwatering!

Parita said...

So simple and fulfilling!