Monday, January 18, 2010

Egg.Salad.Sandwich


I first ate egg salad sandwich at an office lunch. And if I've ever fallen in love with something instantly, this is it. I make this little packet of goodness every once in a while. And I thought it's so simple, you should make it too. Like right now!

I used a baguette for this one, but pick two slices of any bread you like. Hard boil an egg, then chop either the whole thing or just the whites into tiny bits. Mix a tbsp of mayonnaise with 1/2 tsp mustard, then add your chopped egg and mix well. Arrange iceberg lettuce on a slice of bread, then spoon your egg mixture and top with the second slice.

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Easy and hard-to-resist!

Jeanette said...

easy and so comforting

Please come sign up for our $50 giveaway. Fun Fun Fun!

gafoodies.blogspot.com

Pari said...

Hi Simran. The sandwich looks so tempting and at the same time so easy to make. Perfect for a lazy sunday breakfast, right!!!
Do try visiting my space
http://cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com
Pari

Kanchan said...

He he he ... easiest and healthiest sandwich :)
I never tried @home but love the one we get in our cafeteria !
will try this one.

aquadaze said...

I love it too!!

Khaugiri said...

Lovely..... so easy and perfect in this busy schedule:)

notyet100 said...

looks delicious,...

Sushma Mallya said...

Simple yet a very delicious sandwich...and can be made quickly as well...

Laura said...

I confess I am too lazy to make egg salad--all that peeling of hard boiled eggs!--but I love it too.

Ranjani said...

This is a pretty standard lunch for me too- I add cranberries and celery to it sometimes, gives it a nice tart crunchy taste:)

Lebouffe said...

This one's my all time fav! Mom's been making it since I can remember! Wow -Naina

Malar Gandhi said...

Dear,

Please check out 'Kitchen Mishaps Event Roundup' at my blog.

http://www.kitchentantra.com/2010/01/kitchen-mishaps-event-round-up.html

I appreciate, your comforting words to the participants. I believe, it will greatly boost their energy...who daringly shared their cooking disasters.

Thank you,
Malar Gandhi
www.kitchentantra.com

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

:) Looks great.. So easy too! This is going to be part of my routine now on!