Friday, January 8, 2010

Friends bearing Gifts


This seems to be my lucky week. First, a friend came back from US with my much requested microplanes. Have you heard me say that I can't zest anything! Not any more, for the microplane makes zesting a breeze.

And then, even while I was playing around with my new toys zesting everything in sight, another friend came back from Trivandrum with a bunch of vanilla beans.

Orange zest and vanilla; doesn't this remind you of something. It speaks to me of Dorie Greenspan's Perfect Party Cake. Now won't that be a perfect thank-you for my friends.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

A perfect thank you. I love my micro planers. You have some great friends.

Aparna said...

Sometimes friends bearing gifts are just as good as just friends. :D

Enjoy your gifts and a Very Happy New Year, Simran.

Prathibha said...

hmmm...lovely gifts dear...njoy cooking using them!!

notyet100 said...

ummm awesome gifts,..

Curry Leaf said...

Awesome,I to have heard(read) your complaints on zesting.

Malar Gandhi said...

Beautiful pictures...looks toothsome...

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

You've got some great friends!! I don't have a microplane, unfortunately :(