Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dunken Strawberries


I just discovered the best way to eat strawberries. And it doesn't even involve any cream.

Hull and slice strawberries. For each cup of fruit, sprinkle a tsp of caster sugar. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (mine has seeds mixed in) and a tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Mix, then pop in the fridge for around an hour.

You might want to make sure you are alone before you take the strawberries out to eat. For starters, you don't want to share this. But more importantly, you will be left with a small quantity of vanilla and balsamic syrup once the strawberries are over. You don't want to let go of this one; not even a drop. Maybe the phrase lick the bowl clean comes to mind!

10 comments:

notyet100 said...

this looks so yummy,..

Prathibha said...

I dunk my strawberries in balsamic vinegar and honey...they taste so yummy....love to add vanilla essence next time

Mona said...

YUMM! you are so right, this delicious bowl of strawberries is TOO difficult to be shared ;-)

Rachel said...

Sometimes simple things as in this are the best!

Raaga said...

yummy... I normally just slice them and serve with whipped cream... :)

Alka said...

Thats so new to me..never ever ever heard of this one...Can't wait to grab a box of strawberries, next time I am shopping for fruits...actually I hardly pick these, coz we get bit tart ones here and also they get spoils pretty soon.Gotta try this one for sure !

ARUNA said...

that's a gorgeous click....fresh strawberries!

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

Ooh yum. I'm going to do this IMMEDIATELY!!

Ann said...

HEY!! I just had my first balsamic strawberry experienc today! What a coinky-doinky. I loved it, but the hubs was not at all happy. I guess its a personal taste thing...

Laura said...

This sounds fabulous.