Sunday, April 18, 2010

A hot summer weekend


What's a girl to do when's it way too hot to venture outside all weekend. This girl set to make some pina coladas. Not the real McCoy with rum, mind you! This one is a nice girl version.

I chilled 100 ml of coconut milk and 200 ml of sweetened pineapple juice in the freezer for half an hour, then blended them together until frothy. Some recipes say to add a scoop of vanilla icecream and I guess it would make your drink creamier and colder, but freezing did the trick well enough for me.

Pina Colada is my first entry for Srivalli's Thanda Mela. With sun blazing the next two months, you got plenty more coming.

11 comments:

notyet100 said...

perfect for the weathe rhere,..

poonam said...

hey! this sounds great!how've u been? :)

suma said...

Perfect summer cooler!! Even I prefer to semi-freeze my cool drink and then blend to make a creamy cooler sans the calories!!

Srivalli said...

That's looking awesome Simmy..will wait for your entries..:)

srividhya Ravikumar said...

looks awesome.. do drop in at my site whenever.. following you

Lebouffe said...

Thats so yummy! -Naina

Nadia said...

soooo nice and refreshing :)

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Hi...this drink sounds interesting, love the combo and perfect for the weather...

Curry Leaf said...

Yum yum Yum.I too have tried this thgh without ice cream.must add it next time

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

I could do with a good BOTTLE of this, considering how hot it's become :(

Srivalli said...

Thank you for the lovely entry