Monday, April 26, 2010

Now that the strawberries are gone


I used my last batch of frozen strawberries to make a strawberry cheesecake icecream. As we are doing this without an icecream maker, first step is to thaw a cup of strawberries completely. You don't want any icicles in your icecream.

Next step is to make a cheesecake base. Just like when I made my strawberry cheesecake, I mixed 80 grams cream cheese with 30 grams caster sugar, 2 tbsp heavy cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and whisked everything until well blended and smooth. The strawberries were mushy by now so mashed them with a fork and dropped them in the cheesecake mix, then blended everything together.

This went into the freezer for an hour. Then I brought it out and beat it well to break the ice particles. Back in the freezer and back to the beating routine two more times; after which you can let your icecream chill out in the freezer.

10 comments:

Lebouffe said...

Looks yummy!

Apu said...

Beautiful Simran!!

Curry Leaf said...

Yes,strwberries are gne,but I too made a simple gelaot.I am yet to post my berry recipes.Love the gorgeous cheesecake icecream Simran.I tried adding tofu to my icecream but it did not work out.Simple gelato turned excellent.Love your picture

Srimathi said...

Hey Simran,

This is a cool idea, cheese cake and ice cream. I am sure my daughter will enjoy it a lot.

notyet100 said...

u r so good with cheesecakes..

suma said...

Delicious!!

Deeba PAB said...

Simran, this is delicious. What cream cheese do you use? I've got some frozen strawberries too, and am just done making strawberry mascarpone ice cream. Nice creamy and delish! I'd love to try this soon!

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

Aww now you're making me regret not freezing strawberries even more!!!

jayasri said...

wow, that looks so yummy!! and colourful and Of course a beautiful click too, Long before I started blogging I made a cheese cake just because my eldest loves them, after that i never made them at all!!, I want to give this a try, I still get strawberries in the market I should try this one!!, Inbtw, I should check Deeba's blog for the Icecream she has made!!,

The knife said...

amazing pic. Almost popped out of the screen. Almost grrrr