Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The One Ingredient Icecream

Do you routinely buy bananas and then leave them to brown on the counter. Then, not knowing what to do, someone like me would throw them away. But one day I was reading a food blog and it insisted I could convert these bananas into icecream. I know, I didn't believe it either.

But I had them up for slaughter anyway and it didn't seem like any effort. So I peeled a couple of bananas and sliced them thinly. Off these went to the freezer for a few hours. Once frozen, I put them in the blender and they went from being frozen bananas to a soft creamy icecream. The transformation is so unbelievable you have to do it yourself or you will think it will never happen.

No dairy, no added sugar - if you are in the game for guilt free icecreams, this is for you!

6 comments:

Curry Leaf said...

Truly guilt free Simran.I usually turn the banans into some bakes.This one is quite easy.

notyet100 said...

i guessi can try this for Advay ,,,sounds interesting,..;-)

VeggieWiz said...

This one i HAVE to try! I normally chop any bananas that threaten to rot...freeze them...n then use them to make thick milkshakes. Now I have one more way to use them up! :)

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

I've seen this around a lot. Really need to try it, because I still can't believe it!

Nachiketa said...

This is indeed a healthy dessert... 100/100

You've got be going bananas ;)

Cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts

mixed bag said...

I absolutely adore you for this one. you have no idea how often this happen to me and how often i throw them into the bin. thanx a million for this one