Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pastry Wars : The Agenda

Pastry Wars : My quest to find the best version for every basic recipe that should be in a baker's repertoire. When I started, I didn't have a list in mind. But I've realized now that I need to start marking out recipes as I get to my favorites so here's the list I've put together.

Am I missing something? Do leave a comment and I'd add it to the list.
Pastry
Tart - work in progress.
Puff Pastry
Pate a choux

Fillings
Pastry Cream
Lemon Curd (or cream)

Cakes
Vanilla
Chocolate
Cheesecake

Frostings
Whipped Cream
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Ganache

Comfort Food
Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Muffins

Everything Else
Souffle
Pouring Custard/Creme Anglaise
Crepes
Chocolate Sauce
Caramel Sauce
Tempered Chocolate Cutouts

4 comments:

notyet100 said...

i guess u have everything here,..:-)

Lebouffe said...

Nice list! a good reckoner!

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

I've been meaning to reply to you, Simran! That's quite a list, but the problem is, I've done almost all of these, other than the tempered chocolate, I think. So while I'd love to join, it makes no sense!

I might put together my own war list though :)

healthyfeasts said...

Hey Simran! Nice blog... how about adding muffins to your comfort food category? I know chocolate chip muffins are an amazing comfort food for me. :)