Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Donuts?



Isn't that a gorgeous tray of golden fried, sugar crusted donuts.

Except it isn't! What you see up there are in fact sugar donut muffins. This was the first recipe I thought of the moment I had a successful batch of caramel sauce.

When Valerie filled her muffin tins with batter and added a drizzle of caramel on top, she fully intended the caramel to sink in the middle and become a filling for a muffin.

My caramel sauce must be heavier for it sort of sunk and then created donut holes. Which is fab because I seem to have accidentally discovered a dessert that looks like part muffin, part donut. And once brushed with butter and dipped in sugar, tastes better than either!

7 comments:

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Yummy looking donuts.... Nice Pic. Turned out perfect for u... YUM!

Swati Sapna said...

Hey, I have recently started following ur blog and love the recipes, the pictures and the uncluttered layout. You have a great space here :) and im super thrilled with ur other blog! Im a complete bookworm and there are some books that jus call out to the foodie in you :D its a fab idea!!
have got an award for you on my blog... consider it a getting-to-know-each-other ritual...lol!!
do check it out.

Srivalli said...

Those look so fab Simmi..this is what is called accidental wonder?..very nice

The knife said...

where were these at breakfast? sob...looks yum

Curry Leaf said...

WOW AWESOME. Must try this Simran. Accidents are welcome if we get wonderful results. I was thinking it was baked donuts.

Ciccia said...

These doughnuts look so appealing. I lived in New Delhi for 5 years with my family but we never managed to see Bombay. We love Indian food and we miss India so much. I found you through my friend theweekendepicurean and I-m following you from Trapani, Sicily.

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

Oh wow. Those look amazing, and I remember Val's description of these. Wanted to make them ever since :)