Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Most Decadent Tart on Earth



Cookies have been used in tart bases for eons. There's the oreo crust and the graham cracker crust. I've used both to make pies. Then one day, I decided to use good day butter cookies to make crust. My! what decadence!

Good Day is a brand of rich butter cookies. I took 6 of those, put them in a plastic bag and beat them to crumbs with a rolling pin. Added 20 grams of melted butter and pressed the whole mixture onto the base and sides of a 3 inch tart pan. This I left to set in the fridge for an hour.

Once the base was set, I added a layer of caramel sauce. Chilled it for half an hour or so, then covered it with a layer of ganache. After some more chilling, I discovered the richest, most delicious tart I've tasted.

6 comments:

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

I can almost taste it, that does look divine :)

Srivalli said...

OMG Simmi what a wonderful idea!..I always feel lazy to think of making a tart base..this sounds and looks so delish!..will do it right away!

Of rainy days said...

there goes my healthy eating plan.. i so have to eat this tart right away..

Prathibha said...

when all d best tasting things goes into this,y will it not taste divine..I agree goodday biscuits forms a nice base.:)

Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes] said...

Ooh Simran. The title is so apt. I'd do anything for a slice or two!

snickersnee said...

love this! and your blog really caters to those people with a passion for food but not enough money to buy KitchenAids (and the like)! :D